Staff Position: SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The Social Media Manager works with a team of talented and motivated volunteers to create and manage Carry the Future’s social media presence. As the head of our social media team, this person manages the social media calendar, coordinates with broader CTF team members, and strives to create authentic interactions across our multiple social media channels.
Standard Position Duties
- Oversees creation of daily organic social media content on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Works with leaders from across the organization to promote broader fundraising, lead generation, and engagement initiatives on social media.
- Monitors social media channels and responds to comments and DMs from supporters/followers.
- Manages a volunteer team of social media operators.
- Uses Canva to create visual assets as needed.
- Seeks out influencers and actively engages followers to inspire and motivate them to share our content
- Ensures consistent brand representation across channels.
- Experience operating social media accounts for a non-profit organization or brand.
- Ability to keep a finger on the pulse of social media trends, metrics, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Familiar with creating engaging content on multiple social platforms,
- Proficient in using Facebook Business Suite, Asana, and social media management software.
- Communication or marketing degree preferred but not required