Staff Position: Database Manager
Do you want to use your skills to serve the world’s most vulnerable families? The database manager will play a key role in day to day oversight of Carry the Future’s database of record. Working closely with other members of the development and communications teams, the database manager will be responsible for accurate donor segmentation, data hygiene, and database operations. As Carry the Future is embarking on a newly selected database of record, this role will be crucial in the creation of a database operations manual for all Carry the Future users, to ensure accuracy of record information and ongoing entry.
Standard Position Duties
- Working with Development leadership and external partners as needed, create a database operations manual that can be shared with all existing and new Carry the Future staff who will use the database.
- Ahead of campaigns, query donor segments for various fundraising initiatives to provide counts and final data for offline and online efforts.
- On a monthly basis, run reports on donor numbers and types for development and board.
- On a quarterly basis, conduct quality control efforts, such as record deduplication, address updates, and address standardization.
- Create reports as needed for development and board leadership on high value donor counts, recent giving, activation, and lapses.
- Prior working experience with a donor or consumer database or CRM.
- An understanding of database and data hygiene best practices.
- Basic understanding of fundraising, digital or direct marketing preferred.
- Comfort and familiarity with Microsoft excel.