Staff Position: Communications Intern
Are you looking to put your communications skills to good use? Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of refugee families?
Carry the Future seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and communications in a remote, nonprofit setting. The Communications Intern will work independently and in a team to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to programming and events.
Standard Position Duties
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Update and maintain Carry the Future’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Manage editorial and event calendars
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
- Participate in conversations about social media postings.
- Ensure posts are relevant and done in a timely manner.
- Keep up with social media trends, adjusting our strategy as needed.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (sophomore level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support Carry the Future
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the organization’s mission
This is a remote position.
Start Date: August 1-15
Hours: 4-6 hours/week, including weekly planning meeting with supervisor