Staff Position: BLOG Manager
The Blog Manager leads a team of talented and motivated volunteer blog writers. Applicants should demonstrate a dynamic approach to the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality blog content. The Blog Manager is responsible for managing the blog calendar and ensuring blog writers maintain the mission and vision of Carry the Future through their writing. The Blog Manager is the primary contact for all things blog-related. Additionally, the Blog Manager stays up to date with blog trends and best practices for attracting and retaining an engaged audience of supporters.
- Oversee team of blog writers, providing guidance on the creation of weekly blog content
- Edit, format, and publish all blog posts to CTF standards
- Take a big-picture approach to developing timely, themed, and ongoing blog content series
- Hold ongoing brainstorming and collaboration sessions
- Communicate on a regular basis with the full communications team to ensure blog content can be successfully leveraged across multiple channels
- Writing and blogging experience required. Please send examples of your work with your application.
- Top-notch grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Previous experience working as part of a cross functional team and leading others.
- Proven organizational, time management, and communication skills while working remotely.
- Agrees to use the following platforms to communicate as part of the position; CTF G-suite and email, Messenger, Facebook Groups, and Asana.
- Willing to make a one year commitment and ~1-2 hours per week (but may vary based on project needs with more some weeks, less others).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people around the globe.
- Must be able to inspire trust and camaraderie in the team.